Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Milano





























Our stay in Milan was also brief, but we packed as much as we could into our short stay! We drove from Murren to Lugano (the very southern tip of Switzerland) and took the train into Milan. We had to rush to our hotel to drop off the luggage and then rushed to the church where "The Last Supper" is. We had tickets with an assigned time of 6:00pm and were still in the taxi at 6:07pm. And you only get a 15-minute time window to see it! But they were kind and let us in, even though we were late. The top picture is of that church (Santa Maria della Grazie). That painting is truly amazing! I envisioned it to be small (like the "Mona Lisa"), but it was enormous and took up an entire wall. I'm very glad we got to see it!
The next morning we spent our time at the Duomo (the Milan Cathedral), and it's quite obvious that I loved it there! I remember studying the Milan Cathedral in Art History in 11th grade, and I've wanted to see it ever since, so it was pretty amazing for me! We spent most of our time walking amongst the spires (where most of the pictures were taken). There is also a picture of the doors. It is unlike anything I have ever seen!







No comments: