We spent the day today exploring some of the hill towns of Tuscany. On our way to Volterra, we came across this field of sunflowers. It was incredible! Sunflowers as far as the eye could see! The pictures don't do it justice, of course, but I was proud of that first photo!!
Volterra was a very quaint little town. But it was definitely a hill town! Everything was uphill...and we all figured out that pushing strollers uphill isn't easy! But we have to work off some of this food that we're enjoying a little too much!
For those of you who have read Twilight and New Moon, my sisters and I loved this town especially because of those books! We were always on the lookout for vampires...
Here's a shot of San Gimignano...a hill town famous for its medieval towers. We just drove through this town, hence, the solo picture. It was a good thing we didn't stop though, because we got quite lost on the way home and we needed the extra time!

1 comment:
I really like the Midieval crane next ot the midieval towers. Those italians were really ahead in their engineering.
Post a Comment