Friday, August 7, 2009

Lake Powell

We just came back from a fabulous trip to Lake Powell. It's been a couple of years since we've been down there, and I was extra excited for the kiddos to enjoy it. We had great weather, lots of good food, nice and glassy water (as you can see from the picture above)...it was a blast!
This was our lovely abode for the long weekend. We found a perfect spot...sandy beach in an isolated cove with lots of room to swim and play!
This is Abby's new favorite buddy...her 13 year-old cousin Spencer. She followed him around and he played with her whenever she asked (he is such a good kid!). I think she's got a little crush!

And this is Claire's favorite buddy lately...her dad!

Here's just a snipit of all the fun we had...


Many of us went wake surfing for the first time, but I never took my camera on the boat. We were good though. Trust me.

And here's what happens when Abby gets a hold of the camera. I thought she got some pretty good shots!

Although we were excited to sleep in our own beds (in air-conditioned rooms), we were still a bit sad to have to go home. The day we left I kept telling Abby that it was time to go home and she just kept saying, "But THIS is our home!" I'm pretty sure she had fun!!


Thanks for another great trip Grandpa and Grandma!!

3 comments:

Jac said...

Viva Lake Powell!! It was a party...Tonsilitis and all!

Suzanne said...

I am so blasted jealous! I love all the pictures! One of these times we will actually all go together! What a party!

Jen said...

It looks like so much fun! And SO pretty! I am way jealous!