Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Princess Party

Abby's birthday was last week and she was lucky enough to have Cinderella and Snow White come and celebrate!
And then Princess Caroline came and Party #1 began!


We had some yummy cupcakes (except for Lizzie Cinderella who can't eat cupcakes), read stories, danced a bit, opened some presents, even went on a little stroll! It was quite a party, thanks to Lizzie Cinderella and Jessie Snow White!

Party #2 was later that evening and involved the rest of the crew. I spent most of the day working on the cake, something I have never done and probably won't do again! At least not for awhile.

Oh, you want to see another close up of the cake?? By all means...

I'm pretty sure that I took as many pictures of the cake as I did of Abby. It was my pride and joy, along with my sweet daughter. :) And yes, it was painful to have to cut into it to eat it. But it was yummy as well as pretty!

And here we are the next day with a serious birthday hangover. We gave Abby a princess tent and sleeping bag, and she has slept in it every night since. Who knows when we'll get her back in her bed!
Here's a couple cute bonus shots taken at the doctor's office...


Claire is thrilled that she's not the one getting poked for once!!

7 comments:

Jac said...

That cake was AWESOME!! I am seriously SO impressed...it was worth all of the time you put into it! Sorry I couldn't see it in person and partake of its tastiness! Next year!!

Cher said...

I am way impressed! That is some serious cake making skills. And what a party!

Moore Family said...

Wow princess overload! I am pretty sure she'll remember her 3rd birthday for a long time! Her smile on her face says it all....I think you were successful in making her dreams come true.
I think it's time to go visit the "real" princesses at Disneyland!

Happy birthday ABBY!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Wow-that's some serious Princess action going on. Is your husband on overload with all the women in his house yet? :)

You're a brave woman to attempt such a cake. I just throw some cupcakes together and call it good. I have grand intentions of making beautiful HELLO KITTY cake pops for Addison's third this year, but I doubt I'll pull through. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Brooke said...

What a fun party for a beautiful princess.

Suzanne said...

The cake WAS absolutely fabulous! I was way impressed! Not surprised, but impressed. Abby and Caroline are such darling princesses! How fun! And what a bonus to have the Disney princesses come to your house! What a treat! Love the tent! I'm glad Abby does too!

Liz Hymas said...

Holy cow, what creativity! You guys are awesome, and that cake was freakin awesome, I'm pretty sure I would have paid to have it preserved or something. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!