Thursday, April 2, 2009

Still Dreamy

Before...

and after...


Before...

and after...

Yet another before...

and another after...

One last before...

and its after...

And a bonus one of our lovely carpeted stairs!!

Things I love best about our new basement:
--I can walk downstairs in bare feet
--I can fold the laundry downstairs
--I only have to walk halfway down the stairs to check on Abby
--It doesn't smell funny anymore
--There is a playroom under the stairs
--We have doubled the size of our house!!
The bathroom is almost finished and there's still a few last minute things (doorknobs, the hand rail for the stairs, etc.), but despite our lack of furniture, we are LOVING our new space! Come over and see it for yourself anytime!!

8 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I love your basement, it is dreamy! And I love the fact how you opened it up even more with a partial open railing at the bottom of the stairs. You do good work.

So, when do you want to send your crew my way to do all my baseboards and do crown molding for me?!!! :)

Enjoy it!

Moore Family said...

Marianne, it's beautiful! I promise you'll start moving everything down there and spend most of your time down there.
I am on my way over to do carpet angels in your beautiful new carpet!

Angela said...

It looks great. Another reason why I need to come visit. What does next week look like for you? Or maybe the week after Easter would be best. Can't wait to see you!

Cher said...

That looks so great! I do need to come down and see you! I've never been to your house!! You did a great job picking all the colors!!!

Jac said...

Nice Pics! The space is dreamy and I will be sending the kids over ASAP to play in the new playroon! Love it!!

Suzanne said...

Yahoo! It looks fabulous! I bet you are absolutely loving it! I can't believe I haven't seen it yet...I need to get over there! Congrats on surviving the basement remodel! I love it!!

Jac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Hymas said...

WOW!!!! It looks amazing, way to go! Enjoy, in the mean time, we will just be enjoying our little apartment for the next four years....cool? Aight.
No seriously, WAY COOL!! We heart you.