Monday, February 4, 2008

A Truly Remarkable Man

I found this picture on the Deseret News website and thought it captured President Hinckley so well. It has been a very emotional week for me, as I know it has been for many others. There simply was something very special about this man, and I will miss him.

I am so grateful that I was able to attend his viewing last week. There was a reverence in the Conference Center that I felt right when I walked in the building, and a wonderful peace in the room where his casket was. I will be forever grateful that I was able to be a part of that. I have loved the many tributes that have been paid to him over this last week. I couldn't pull myself away from the TV on Saturday until every bit of coverage had ended. I am grateful for President Hinckley's life and know that I am better because of his example and influence. I truly loved this prophet.

I look forward to the new First Presidency and the many wonderful things that they will accomplish. The work always goes on!

1 comment:

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

I love your comments...I love this man too! I already miss hearing his voice at conference!
love you!